With monsoons in full swing nothing can be more satisfying that a bowl of steaming hot Chicken Noodle Soup. Ideally you would want to make your own stock by combining roughly chopped celery, carrots , onions and chicken (on the bone) in a pot and cooking it for about 20minutes. But we want to keep things simple and hence in this recipe we will use chicken breast which has been boiled and then shredded and readily available stock cubes
Some Interesting Facts about Soup
- Etiquette experts tell us we “eat,” rather than “drink” soup because it is considered part of the meal. Additionally, in most cultures soup is consumed with a spoon rather than sipped from the container.
- The earliest archaeological evidence for the consumption of soup dates back to 6000 BC, and it was hippopotamus soup! Hhhmmmm
- Some stories claim that the French King was so enamoured with himself that he had his royal chefs create a soup that would allow him to see his own reflection in the bowl. As a result, consommé (clear broth) was born.
- Women are twice as likely to order soup for lunch as men.
- Traditionally, soups are classified into two main groups: clear soups and thick soups. The French classifications of clear soups are bouillon and consommé. Thick soups are classified depending upon the type of thickening agent used: purées are vegetable soups thickened with starch.
From the Pantry
On Grocery List